Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What I found in the woods today (11/30)...

Yesterday on a walk, I made Hootie stop and investigate a pile of brush. Inside the pile I found this very young cat. Hootie was cautious as she reached down to see how friendly, or not, was this baby. He was VERY friendly. She scooped him up and tucked him inside her coat. Then she let me put my nose on him. He was friendly! He liked smelling me back too!

Unfortunately for our household, this guy couldn't hang around. Hootie says two cats are enough. I thought maybe she could boot Jack or Lily out and keep my find. The girl child was really sad. She tried pleading, begging and crying to add a third cat to the mix, but Hootie remained firm and took this little guy to the shelter. I heard Hootie tell her hubby on a phone message that taking this little guy to the shelter was one of the hardest, but right, things she's had to do. Hootie really wanted to keep this baby too.

I know my friend Laurie and her staff at the shelter will take good care of this guy. Maybe he was just lost and his owners will claim him. Knowing where we found him though, most likely he was dumped. Anyone need a new friend for Christmas? He gets along with others, is curious and purrs like crazy. Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe it was a good idea that Hootie took this baby to the shelter and didn't keep him. I all ready have to share her with the two cats that live here, the two teens and her hubby.

*****
Hootie has started her Christmas baking in the house. She took a break from making buckeyes for the humans to bake me a special treat last night! Mmmm! She says she's going to post the recipe on her blog soon.
~W

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say on this subject? Thanks for sharing!