Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When You Give a Dog...

a Hole to Dig in...
he's gonna need a bath!  
Okay, so Hootie and I have this little trust issue going on too.  
I want to run.  
She doesn't want me to runaway.  
***
She will barely let me off the leash!  
***
For several days in a row last week, she was letting me run around the backyard with the retractable leash out to it's fullest.  Kind of a pain as it bounced around after me.  I would freeze up thinking that bulky part was going to hit me.  Finally, she switched to the short leash.  That is easier to run with...if I don't step on it!  It's not a lot of fun chocking myself!  
***
By Saturday I had her convinced she should prove to DH that I am worthy of being unleashed!  After our morning walk, she proudly unhooked me and walked around the yard.  Well, I did stay nearby for awhile.  I couldn't help myself though.  DH was watching through the window.  Hootie was being all smuggish and I thought I'd just see how far she'd let me go.  I kept 30 or so feet away from her, not daring to go back towards the house.  Needless to say, once she caught up with me (which I totally gave in and dropped on my side so she could come near) she wasn't too happy.  Then she had to go home and say, "You were right" to DH.  
***
My point is, when you see these pictures of me bouncing about and having fun, note the leash I get to drag with me.  I guess I need to keep reminding myself this family is a keeper and they are kind of possessive of me.  Could be worse I suppose.  

Hootie found this great patch of burr-free grass for me to run in.  
It was awesome!!!  I was about done running when I smelled something and had to investigate...

Hootie didn't let me dig long enough for my liking.  I never did find what I was looking for either.  On the walk home Hootie mentioned something about the reason we went to the grassy area was so I could keep relatively clean and NOT need another bath.   
It was a fun walk!  :)
~W

1 comment:

  1. lol! well winston i think you have a grand life with lisa! baths aren't all bad honey:) maybe one day you will be trustworthy enough to wander without a leash. gotta feeling you will be an old dog by then though! lol keep giving lisa those good workouts and adventures, she needs them! lol

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say on this subject? Thanks for sharing!