Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My First Thanksgiving...2009

Shortly after my new clan rescued me from the animal pokie, they took a 14 hour road trip, through the night to the east coast to celebrate Thanksgiving with their extended family.  I got to go too!  The oldest teen (the boy) was at the wheel for awhile...
...while we traveled, I slept.  
DH drove through the night...we had to get off the main highway due to a rock slide and went through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.  There were lots of light displays, but I was a little unsure about all this so I slept some more.  
At about 6 am the next morning we arrived at the beach.  Hootie and the girl took me for a walk in the fog.  It was so different than anything I'd ever been in.  Soft on my feet, a little wet and lots of other people who would pop out of the fog.  

There were a lot of birds around.  It was so fun to watch them when I was outside...
...or inside!  
I played with the cousin and the girl.  
I rested after my numerous long walks.  
I hunted the birds...
...and hunted the birds...
...and hunted the birds!
Oooo!  More birds across the water!  
Must get the birds!!!
Time for a little swim...to get the birds!  
Oops, short leash! 

The cousin and the boy walk with me.  
Hootie takes me out to see the sunrise.  

And we find more birds!  
The little ones are so tempting!  

Hootie thought I'd like to see this porpoise below...but I didn't care about it!  
They do jump and splash, but they aren't the birds!  
More bird-watching walks with the boy.  
The worst part of this trip was that I needed a few baths.  For Hootie's first time as a bath giver, she did an okay job.  
I can't wait to go to the beach again with them!  
~W

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say on this subject? Thanks for sharing!